CHOOSE THE SECTION OF THE HOUSE!

CHOOSE THE SECTION OF THE HOUSE TO HEAR ME COMPLAIN/ADVISE ABOUT
LIVING ROOM/ACOUSTIC JAM AREA - KITCHEN - BED ROOMS - BATHROOMS - POOL - BACKYARD - FRONT YARD -
Other Crap

Monday, April 21, 2014

Changed Out Water Heater

Old heater, almost my age.
     This sucks.... $600 down the tubes. I was thinking about going to a tankless water heater but I'm blowing too much money on travel this year. So I went with just replacing the tank. Mine is about 20 years old and you should change em every 10 years, so before Noah calls for the next flood I figured I'd change this bitch out. I wanted a tankless to get my a closet for storage, or to move the heater outside but budget problems dictated otherwise, so whalah... Called a plumber he will be by here in 4 hours to take my money. Changing a tank is not a hard DIY, but when you drive a shit car like I have, it is because there is nowhere to store the new tank and get rid of the old, so doing the math it was about the same price to pay someone to do it. This sucks....  Buy something so I feel better:


4 comments:

  1. The life expectancy of a water heater nowadays can depend on how prompt you do your maintenance work. Since yours lasted for 20 years, it only means that you took care of it very well. But since it is an old unit, buying a new one is really the best thing to do to ensure that you’ll enjoy its benefits to the fullest, as well as be efficient with your utilities. I just hope you found a reliable plumber who can help you install it.

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, these things are bound to happen. Your water heater has served you for the better part of 20 years, so it was not surprising that it needed to be replaced soon. I hope the one you bought is as reliable and durable as the old one. Good day!

    Brett Rogers @ Flame Furnace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A water heater with a 20-year lifespan is amazing. You're lucky to have yours last that long. Buying a new one was a great idea. You just have to maintain it well, for it to be as durable as the old one. In any way, thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Monique Wells @ Metro Heating and Cooling

    ReplyDelete