CHOOSE THE SECTION OF THE HOUSE!

CHOOSE THE SECTION OF THE HOUSE TO HEAR ME COMPLAIN/ADVISE ABOUT
LIVING ROOM/ACOUSTIC JAM AREA - KITCHEN - BED ROOMS - BATHROOMS - POOL - BACKYARD - FRONT YARD -
Other Crap

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Changed My Garbage Disposer



This blows!!! I miss the good old days of studio apartment living where you just called the super/maintenance to fix shit.

     Anyway, your disposer is not turning on? No hum (if its humming it jammed, allen key twist the bottom of the unit). Check the breaker? Try plugging it in to another outlet with an extension cord, still doesn't turn on? Ok you are screwed like I was, now you have to change the bastard. Just clean all the shit out of the bottom of your sink, and if you are attaching the dishwasher to the disposer make sure you knock out the little piece of rubber.

Took about 2 hours and $76 to fix this. I'm not going to overkill it on instruction, all I will tell you is that I never even saw a garbage disposer in Brooklyn, so as always, if I could do this myself, you can do it yourself!!!!!! Just buy the new one and follow the directions. You may want to get some plumbers putty, and/or teflon tape, screw driver is the only other tool needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment