CHOOSE THE SECTION OF THE HOUSE!

CHOOSE THE SECTION OF THE HOUSE TO HEAR ME COMPLAIN/ADVISE ABOUT
LIVING ROOM/ACOUSTIC JAM AREA - KITCHEN - BED ROOMS - BATHROOMS - POOL - BACKYARD - FRONT YARD -
Other Crap

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

How To Build The Backyard Bar



So one random day I decided to build a bar in my backyard, it's always been my long term plan but I was too lazy to get off my ass and do it, so finally I hit lowes, bought some wood, and went to town...

This is the spot I decided to put it, as you can tell, it sucks, its empty, it needed some flavor.



Started off building a base, I forgot to seal as I go, so not sure if that shit is gonna haunt me later on. But you definitely need to build a base.


Next comes your framing...

 

Ended the night slapping some plywood on, and I had some old 4 x 4's I randomly decided to use as a foot board and decorative posts. I did seal it at this point.




Next was tiling it up, I had to chicken wire it, fix my shitty corners and lay some foundation since you cant tile directly over wood because expansion:



Got a friend to help with the tile:

                                       

Next was finding the perfect granite slab, I built the bar an odd size and should have looked at slabs first as custom slabs cost a ton, but luckily I found a brand new slab from the used/left over granite yard still sealed for only $200!



Slapped it on with the help of a friend, because it's about 400lbs!



And finally the stools, the furniture stores sold them for crazy prices, $350 to $1500 a stool! Found these bad boys on amazon for a fraction of it! Total cost with tile, wood, stools, paint, the slab, etc was probably around $1200.



Let's have a drink!


No comments:

Post a Comment